Throughout our website you can find information on how to stay connected to us while we are physically apart. Worship will be live each Sunday at 10:30am on our Facebook page.
You do not need a Facebook account to watch! Just follow the link to our page. https://www.facebook.com/firstmarshalltx
Use the "Resources" tab on our menu to find a lot of create content.
Worship - Watch has previous Sunday Worship Services and Sermons
Weekly Extras has great video links to staff-led Scripture study, creative prayer practices, and worship.
Easter at Home has all the information you need about our upcoming Easter Events
Dear Church Family,
We hope you are doing well and staying healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Below you will find detailed information about how FBC Marshall will navigate the weeks ahead. Members of church leadership, including members of the staff, Deacon body, Finance Committee, Personnel Committee and Ministry Council, have prayed over the following operational changes and we feel these decisions are the right ones to make at this time. We commit to staying informed of local and national guidelines that may effect the plan outlined below, and we will make adjustments as necessary.
FBC Marshall Operational Changes
- In compliance with the National COVID-19 Guidelines, all in-person Sunday morning and evening activities at FBC are canceled for the next eight weeks and staff will limit any on-site meetings, worship recordings, etc. to ten or less persons present for at least two weeks. If these national guidelines change or are lifted altogether, we will re-evaluate church operations with the above mentioned leadership. This is a very hard decision to make, but it is made out of love and care for our community. We prayerfully look forward to the day we stand beside one another in worship again. In the meantime, we hope to remind our community that the church is not a building. We are the church and we will continue to BE THE CHURCH to one another and our neighbors. Our prayer is that the updates in the section below will help us keep connected and continue the work of Christ in our world.
- Staff will begin to work from home. Our contact has been given to the deacons and is found here on our website. We have access to email from home and can still be reached by dialing our extensions. We will coordinate if/when someone needs to be present in the church building (e.g., if there's a delivery).
- We will communicate with you soon in regard to the new budget. Please pray for our Budget and Finance Committee as they discern the best way (when/how) to present this information.
Updates to Keep Us Connected
- Broadcast Sunday services at 10:30am on Facebook. We hope you will join us each Sunday for worship that will include music, Prayers for the People, and our sermon. Please make this a part of your week. You may find that you are able to take notes and focus on worship in new ways. If you have questions about the scripture or want to voice a prayer request, you can do that through the comment section! We are working on ways to include those in our congregation that do not have social media or use email/computers. We will continue to update you as new listening options are available.
- Reach out to one another. Don't be surprised if you get a phone call or text from a staff member, deacon, or fellow church member! We will be doing our best to touch base with you. If you have extra time and would like a set of names to pray over and call, please let a staff member know. We understand that in-person visitation will be very limited during this time, but we can still lift one another up.
- Church staff will give an online "touch" once a week. Check our website, social media, and your email each week. Online viewers can look forward to the following: Sunday - Worship Service, Monday - Staff moment with Minda, Tuesday- Inspirational Word, Wednesday - Worship with Deborah, Thursday (in Spanish) - Staff moment with David, Friday - Staff moment with Ryan, Saturday - Congregational Challenge. If you do not currently follow the church on social media, now is the time to start! We will also send out a weekly newsletter. Printed newsletters may go out to those that do not have online access.
- Keep giving. The work of the church has not stopped. We hope you will consider ways you can continue giving to FBC Marshall as you are able so that the mission of our church can continue to be carried out.
If you have questions about these updates or if you have a personal need, please contact us to let us know. The Apostle Paul often wrote of his thankfulness to the churches he ministered to, how he prayed for them, and how he longed to be with them for mutual encouragement. These sentiments of Paul are at the heart of your staff now. We love you, we thank God for you, we are praying for you, and we miss being with you face to face. The Message paraphrases Romans 1:10 this way, "I ask God to clear the way for me to come and see you. The longer this waiting goes on, the deeper the ache." How true that feels now. Yet, we trust our God is in control and we know, though the ache of separation is strong, the joy of being together as one in our Lord is greater.
Blessings to you all,
Your Church Staff
Dear Church Family,
In a continued effort to comply with sound recommendations from the medical community and government agencies, we have decided to meet together for WORSHIP ONLY tomorrow morning at 10:30am. This limits our time together to one hour within a room that has ample space to spread out, but allows us to engage in the important work of encouragement and praise. We will focus our Prayers of the People on those affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus, those working long hours in the medical field, and those in leadership guiding communities all across the globe.
All Core Groups and Sunday night activities for this week are CANCELED. We will continue to update you as we plan for the weeks ahead.
We hope to have Facebook Live up and running for those who cannot, or chose not, to attend.
If you know someone who may not receive our emails or check online sources, please help us get this information to them as soon as possible.
Again, we will meet for WORSHIP ONLY tomorrow at 10:30am.
Grace and Peace,
Your FBC Staff